(Do We Really Believe These are True? "According to your faith, let it be unto you" Matt. 9:29)
1. Seeking is done with all the heart; there is no partial seeking.
2. Seeking God leads to gladness and a rejoicing heart. It becomes a delight to those who seek Him.
3. Seeking is associated with prayer and turning from wickedness
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
4. Seeking leads to God hearing, forgiving and healing circumstances
5. The heart must be prepared for seeking
6. Not seeking the Lord is considered evil and wicked
7. Those who seek the Lord prosper
8. Seeking God can begin in childhood
For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father
9. Seeking God is associated with seeking His law
10. Seeking God may involve affliction of soul
11. The hand of God is upon them for good that seek Him
...The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him;
12. Seeking God is associated with trusting Him over anything else
13. God will not forsake those that seek Him
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
14. The wicked do not seek God
15. The Lord looks on the earth to see who is seeking Him
16. Seeking God leads to praising Him
...they shall praise the LORD that seek him:
17. Certain generations can be known for seeking Him
This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face
18. Seeking God will become our highest desire
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
19. God specifically tells us to seek Him and expects an intentional response from the heart
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
20. They that seek the Lord will lack no good thing
21. We should seek God early, the first part of our day
22. Seeking God gives us even more of a thirst for Him
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
23. They that seek the Lord will not be confounded
Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded
24. Seeking God is associated with waiting on Him
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
25. Seeking God is life (-and-death)
26. Sometimes a shameful awakening is allowed to open our eyes to our need of seeking Him
27. Seeking God includes His strength
Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.
28. Seeking God is associated with obedience
29. God blesses those that seek Him
30. Seeking God leads to the fear of the Lord (which is the beginning of wisdom) and to knowing Him
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
31. They that seek the Lord understand all things
Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
32. Seeking is associated with loving (we seek what we love)
33. God says that His people will seek Him
should not a people seek unto their God
34. Seeking God is a daily endeavor
Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways,
Seek the Lord and His strength, seek his face continually
35. Seeking Christ leads to true rest
36. Seeking God is associated with His Word
Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read:
37. We should seek God like treasure
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou
seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
38. One day it will be too late to seek Him
39. God promises He will be found by those who seek Him
40. God is good to those who seek Him
41. Seeking God leads to the Latter Rain
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you. (see also Prov. 16:15)
42. Seeking God is preparation for the Day of the Lord that is coming
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.
43. Seeking God is associated with prayer
44. Only those who were seeking God were prepared for Christ's first Advent
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple,
45. It is not because He is far away or hiding that we seek Him. He is near to us all along.
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
46. We do not naturally seek God. He implants even the first spark of desire. Left to ourselves, none would ever seek Him.
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
47. Seeking God requires diligence
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
48. Seeking God is associated with gathering for worship
And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp, afar off from the camp, and called it the Tabernacle of the congregation. And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp.
49. Seeking God involves inquiring His will. There are consequences for not seeking His will.
For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order.
50. Seeking God delivers us from our fears
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
51. It is God whom we should seek in our times of trouble
In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord:
52. Seeking God is associated with His works
The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
53. God's people seek Him
And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.
54. Pastors who do not seek the Lord will fail His people
For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.
55. They that Seek God do no iniquity
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: They walk in his ways.
Copyright © 2021 GodforGod.com - All Rights Reserved.